Academic Progression requirements
Progression to the next year of study is available to those who meet the criteria for enrolment to the next year in accordance with the accredited, publicly recognized study program.
Academic progression requirements for Undergraduate study program:
- To progress from the first year of study to the second year, the student must complete all obligations from the first year and obtain 50 ECTS.
- To progress from the second year of study to the third year, the student must complete all obligations from the first and the second year of study and obtain 50 ECTS.
Academic progression requirements for Master’s study program:
- The student can progress into the second year of study if his/her completed first year exams amount to at least 50 ECTS.
- Repeat or gap-year students have to satisfy the same requirements for admission into the second year of study as regularly enrolled students.
The candidate who fails to complete all the study prerequisites but has obtained 40 ECTS in the current year and completed all subjects that continue into the following year, can file a written request containing a legitimate justification defined in the Statute of the Academy of Dance. For those who meet the criteria for progression to the next year, the enrolment sheet will be made available in the second half of August of the current year via VIS. Before enrolment, it is necessary to check that all outstanding financial obligations for the previous years of study have been settled, as this is one of the conditions for enrolment into an upper year of study. Enrolment sheets will be available until the 30th of September of the current year. Complete enrolment documentation can be submitted in person at the Office or sent by mail.
Students may conditionally progress to the next year of study even if they do not meet all the criteria – they must have justified reasons as listed below.
Justified reasons and required proof:
- Maternity during time of study – proof: extract from the birth registry.
- High-risk pregnancy irrespective of the outcome – proof: confirmation from a gynaecology specialist.
- Fatherhood in the first year after birth, if the father resides in common household with the child – extract from the birth registry, confirmation of common household.
- Illness lasting at least three months during the time of classes – numbered medical confirmation, issued by a personal doctor with a description of the disease and the length of healing, or a description of the desease, issued by a specialist or hospital discharge. The medical note must include a time of absence. In the dime of absence, the student cannot take exams or complete any other obligations, as can be discerned on VIS.
- Death of student’s family members (mother, father, brother, sister, husband, wife, child) – proof: extract from the book of the deceased, the birth register, from which the relationship can be derived, in the case of members of the common household, a certificate of a common household.
- Hardship in the student’s family evidenced at the Center for Social Work, which hindered the student’s academic engagement during exam time or the school year – proof: confirmation from the Center for Social Work, which shows the development of the situation for at least a month prior to the examination period.
- Extraneous activity in artistic, cultural, humanitarian, sport or research fields during the time of exams – proof: confirmation of active participation issued by the corresponding organization.
- Education in two or more study programs – proof: confirmation of enrolment.
- Minimum three months of education abroad – proof: confirmation of education abroad.
- Active involvement and participation in the institution’s bodies – proof: confirmation of active participation at the meetings of the body signed by the competent authority.
In this case, the conditional progress to the next year is decided over by the Committee for Student Affairs.
Students wishing to conditionally enrol to the next year, must submit a request to the Committee for Student Affairs. A request for conditional progressto the next year is submitted by students electronically through VIS, by clicking on the ‘Request’ tab in the left-hand-side menu – they then select Request for enrolment – conditional enrolment and fill out the form.
A completed request should be printed, signed, and sent as recommended mail to Alma Mater, Slovenska ulica 17, 2000 Maribor, or brought to the Student Office during work hours. A completed request may be edited until it is received by the Student Office.
Students must attach a proof of payment to their request, as well as an application for the issuing of decisions – a request for conditional enrolment to the next year of study (on the price list of AMEU – ECM, the application fee is 100,00 EUR.
Student who will receive the Committee’s approval for conditional enrolment to the next year, must consider the following: Within 5 work days after the decision of the Committee for Student Affairs, we will prepare an enrolment sheet, which should be filled out electronically through VIS, thereby completing enrolment. VIS can be accessed through the AMEU website – https://vis.esmb.si/english/prijava.htm with a personal password.
We kindly ask you to confirm that you have settled all your financial obligations for the previous year before enrolment.
In case when students did not complete all the required student obligations in their last year of study, did not previously repeat a year or change the path of study, they may request an extention of student status (extended year).
Students wishing to enrol to the extended year, must submit and electronic request through VIS – they do this by selecting ‘Requests’ in the left-hand-side menu, then clicking on Request for enrolment – Extended year and filling out the form. A SIGNED statement that the path of study was not changed, nor that the student previously failed a year of study at any Slovene higher education institutions should be attached. By signing this statement, the student assumes penal and material responsibility and allows AMEU, in its official capacity, to verify the accuracy of the statement and gain information from official records. The statement should be printed alongside the request, directly from VIS.
A completed request should be printed, signed and sent alongside the required documentation to Alma Mater, Slovenska ulica 17, 2000 Maribor – it can also be delivered at the Student Office during work hours. A submitted request may be edited until it is received by the Student Office.
The costs of the extending student status (extended year)
The tuition for the absolvent stage equals to 1/3 of yearly tuition fee, as well as an enrolment fee in the amount of 50,00 EUR . The first instalment of the tuition for the extension of student status, as well as the enrolment fee should be settled by the time of enrolment.
Methods of enrolment to the extended year
When the student office receives the request for extension of study (absolvent), we will prepare an enrolment sheet within 5 business days – this form should be filled out electronically through VIS, printed and signed along with the contracts on mutual rights and responsibilities. Enrolment documentation should be sent along with the confirmation of payment (tuition instalment and enrolment fee) to our address: Alma Mater, Slovenska ulica 17, 2000 Maribor. It can also be delivered personally to the Student Office during work hours. VIS can be accessed through the AMEU website, with a personal password. https://vis.esmb.si/english/prijava.htm
We kindly ask you to confirm that you have settled all your financial obligations for the previous year before enrolment.
Extending student status
Due to the following reasons, student status can be extended for a maximum of one year. A year-long extension of study can be granted if:
- A student does not graduate in a study program of the first or second Bologna cycle within 12 months after the conclusion of the final semester, if they did not previously repeat a year or change the study program or path during their study;
- A student does not graduate in a study program of the first or second Bologna cycle at the end of the final semester, if the student repeated a year or changed their program or path during their study;
- A student does not enrol to the next year or semester during their studies;
- A student does not complete a post-graduate education of the second Bologna degree after an uninterrupted master study program, within 12 months after the final semester.
Student mothers who give birth during the time of studies have the right to an extension of the student status for one year per child.
Reasons for not completing study obligations:
- Motherhood in the time of study – proof: extract from the birth registry;
- Prolonged illness: evident from a medical certificate;
- Extraneous familial and social circumstances;
- Recognized status of a person with special needs;
- Active participation in top-level professional, cultural or sport events;
- Active participation within the institution;
- Other: ……………………………………………………………..
Students must attach proof of circumstances in question.
Students who have grounded reasons for not completing their study obligations, must submit a request for extension of student status to the Committee for Student Affairs. The request for extension can be submitted through VIS, by selecting ‘Requests’ in the left-hand-side menu, then filling out the Request for Enrolment – Extension of Student Status form.
A completed request should be printed, signed and forwarded to Alma Mater Dance Academy, Slovenska ulica 17, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia. It can also be submitted in person to the Student Office during office hours. A completed VIS request can be edited until it is received by the Student Office.
Students who receive approval for extension of student status from the Committee must consider the following: After the decision is announced, we will prepare an enrolment sheet that can be filled out through VIS, thereby completing enrolment. VIS can be accessed online by using a personal password: https://vis.esmb.si/english/prijava.htm.
Costs of extending student status
During enrolment, every student pays an enrolment fee according to the ALMA MATER DANCE ACADEMY price list (50,00 EUR).
Persons without a status – Gap-year students
Students who until September 30 of the current year do not complete all the prerequisites for progressing into the following year or are repeating it, shall receive a gap-year status.
Persons, who have not yet had a student status at Alma Mater, can perform individual study obligations as citizens. In this case, just a temporary enrolment is needed which does not give them a student status, but gives them access to the student environment and IT support.
Such temporary enrolment is done by completing the form Registration for carrying out study commitments without official enrolment (Prijava za opravljanje študijskih obveznosti brez vpisa). The filled-in form is submitted personally or sent to the Student office by registered mail. The documents must include confirmation of payment. The study obligations with a subsequent exam are calculated in the manner that the overall tuition fee is divided by 60 ECTS points and multiplied by the number of ECTS points of the subject. The payment includes participation in and completion of exercises, clinical exercises and two exam dates, mid-term or partial exam, including access to the study materials. In case of the third (or further) participation of the same exam, the students will be asked for additional payment according to the valid price list.
STUDENTS TAKING THE GAP YEAR
Individuals who no longer have a student status and have not fulfilled all required study obligations in the academic year, receive a gap year status. In case they wish to continue with their study obligations, the candidates are required to fill-in the form Registration for carrying out study commitments for candidates without status (Prijavnica za opravljanje študijskih obveznosti za kandidate brez statusa) and submit the latter to the Student office. This form must include a confirmation of payment in accordance with the price-list. For each exam, mid-term or partial exam they wish to take, the candidates must fill-in a separate form.
Gap-year students do not have access to Moodle. Moodle access will be given only for those subjects they have applied and paid for in accordance with the valid price list. In this case, access to the course materials for the current academic year will be granted (materials from previous years are exempt from this access right).
Access to the VIS system will be blocked if the student has a gap-year student status for more than 2 years. Should the student wish to re-activate his/her access to the VIS system, he/she must contact the Student office. Registration for and withdrawal from exams must be done through the Student office.